Police Brutality

Justice For Victims of Police Violence

Police officers and prison guards have a responsibility to protect people who are in their custody. It is not their job to punish the accused. Unfortunately, it is common for law enforcement officers to use excessive force.

If you have been abused by police during or after your arrest, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you have suffered, including pain and suffering. Our civil justice system can send a strong message to police officers and guards that our society will not tolerate abuse of the accused.

Orlando attorney Jonathan Rose represents victims of police brutality in Orlando, throughout the state of Florida, and nationwide.

Some of the Types of Cases We Handle:

False arrest

The law protects you from violence at the hands of the police or guards, even if you have been accused of a crime. With 18 years of experience both as a prosecutor and a defense attorney, Jonathan Rose understands how to protect your rights. When the police and prison guards overstep their bounds, he can hold them accountable.

What Is A Section 1983 Case?

Most cases of police brutality are filed under Section 1983 of the U.S. Code title 42. The law allows you to file a civil claim against law enforcement officers for deprivation of your constitutional rights. Thus, these cases are often called Section 1983 cases.

To learn more about the firm's services in this area of law, please request an initial consultation. Call 407-894-4555, or contact the Orlando office via email at julie@jonathanrosepa.com.