Discreet and Respectful Legal Defense Against Child Pornography Charges
The FBI and other federal law enforcement agencies prosecute child pornography cases very aggressively. If you are the target of a federal child porn investigation, law enforcement has the resources to uncover every website you have visited on your laptop or recover hidden or deleted files on your home computer. The more images they find, the more serious the charges against you.
However, you may not even realize that your computer contains sexually explicit images, or you may have accidentally clicked on an internet link that led to a page you never wanted to see. No matter your situation, the assistance and advocacy of a skilled criminal defense lawyer are essential to minimizing the legal consequences you face. Call 866-371-5615 for a free and confidential consultation*.
Orlando attorney Jonathan Rose represents clients in Orlando, throughout Florida and nationwide who are accused of all types of sex offenses involving minors, including:
- Possessing, distributing, or downloading explicit images of children
- Soliciting minors through the internet
- Traveling to meet minors they met online
- Related sex offenses
Attorney Jonathan Rose is a former prosecutor who understands how the state builds criminal cases. His understanding of how the government prosecutes sex crime cases helps him build the strongest possible defense.
Federal Prosecution Of Child Pornography Charges
Child pornography charges are prosecuted in both state and federal courts. However, all child pornography charges are punished particularly harshly under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. Seemingly innocuous details such as simply using a computer to possess or distribute images — or merely trading images with another person can lead to truly draconian sentences. However, local law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, and judges frequently take a particularly harsh, unsympathetic view of these offenses as well.
Building A Strong Defense
Despite the seriousness of these charges, and regardless of the jurisdiction the charges are prosecuted in, there are frequently strong defenses to them.
- Knowledge: The government must prove that the accused knew of the presence of the images. Proving this may depend on the history and cache data in the computer or device, the content of stored emails, texts, and private messages, and whether the accused makes any statements to law enforcement, and others having access to the computer or device in question.
- Legality Of Any Search: In most instances, law enforcement obtains the evidence to prosecute from the execution of a search warrant. Jonathan Rose is adept in finding issues to challenge the validity of search warrants, including whether there was sufficient information for the warrant to have been issued, and whether law enforcement searched items outside the scope of the warrant.
- Entrapment: Many child pornography cases begin with private citizens communicating with others via various forms of electronic media. Very often, the person at the other end of that conversation is a law enforcement officer. In some instances, these government agents go too far in trying to enforce the law and entice otherwise innocent people into engaging in conduct they would ordinarily not engage in. In these cases, a defense of entrapment may be possible.
Talk To An Experienced Child Pornography Defense Lawyer Today
To discuss federal child porn defense or related concerns, request a free and confidential consultation with Orlando attorney Jonathan Rose. Call 866-371-5615, or contact the office by email.